I was born in San Francisco, CA, but raised in Houston, TX and Atlanta, GA. After relocating back to Houston, I attended the University of Houston-Downtown, where I received a Bachelors of Science degree in Psychology. I don’t take myself too seriously, and I love to have fun. I am a wonderful and fearfully made woman that loves to share her world, passion and knowledge with others.
I began blogging in 2009, under the name “NaturalistaGlam”, before the term “bloggersphere” was ever a thing. I wanted an outlet to express my thoughts, feelings, loves and passions, like an online journal. Although I’ve always like to write/journal, I eventually realized I never wanted to feel pressured to publish content just to keep up with all the other bloggers. At this stage in my life, I know to run my own race and do what’s comfortable for me.
My Main Five Core Beliefs:1.) God is my source and where all my strength comes from.2.) Life is a journey, not a destination.3.) There is always room for growth, and when you stop growing, you are dead.4.) Laughter is EVERYTHING!5.) Whatever you put out into the world (good or bad), will always come back to you!
- I’m slightly obsessed with colorful ink pens.
- My secret passion is dance.
- I think I was a mixologist or a comedic actor in my former life.
- Black eye peas gross me out.
- I would love to do a cross country road trip in an RV with friends.
- Favorite junk food: French fries
- I like to do impressions of people.
- My OCD: I hate it when drawers or cabinets are left open.
- I love roller coasters.
- Favorite Vegetable: Spinach
Like myself, the blog is in constant evolution.
I am re-branding my online presence to Shanda Nikelle, which is my first and middle name. SN is my all encompassing personal offerings that I want to share to the world (e.g. blog, e-commerce endeavors, etc.)
I always aim to offer some goodies for your soul to take with you. I hope you feel inspired.
Thank you for visiting!